Saturday, May 29, 2010

This is for the hearts still beating

So this blog is about to get an overhaul. I am still going to post randomness but its' main focus is going to shift to bmx. Specifically, I am going to turn this into a blog about my progression.

This is the premise. I going to attempt to start riding everyday as I have slacked a lot over the past two years. It is mostly because I have a family and a full time job and live in an area where I can't ride my bike to street spots and the trails and park are almost 40 minutes from me. Yeah yeah, I know, excuses but all that time adds up to time away from my wife and kid.

So I wondered how I could ride at home to stay near the family. I decided that I could either flatland, build a quarter pipe, or build a grind box. Flatland is very appealing for me but I was worried about getting discouraged because we all know flatland is crazy. Not a real excuse but anyway. Building a quarter pipe was very appealing. I could put it at the end of my driveway and ride it. I love riding quarters as well. Then I looked at the grind box. I haven't ridden pegs in 9 or so years and before that only rode pegs for a couple of years. There was something appealing about learning new grinds.

Needless to say, I chose to build the grind box. I came up with a premise. I am going to ride this grind box every day. I am going to learn as many grinds and variations as possible. I am going to film each one I learn with the FLIP cam I got Alyssa. I will post them up on here.

No they are not all going to be pretty and some are going to be barely pulled. I am not here to be a pro. If I feel it is pulled I am going to post it. I will be taking suggestions in the comments about grinds and am going to have Bubba as a guest blogger. Bubba has the skills to pay the bills on pegs.

I will be running four pegs. I am starting from scratch. I can smith, feeble, and double peg. I know I can do more but those are going to be my starting point. I am going to post any grinds or variations that aren't those basic three. I have done grinds other than those 3 but since it has been so long, I am going with the basics.

My next post will be about the grind box and its' construction. After that I will post my bike setup. Bubba will be here in a couple of months so there may or may not be a little edit. Again we aren't pros and aren't trying to impress anyone.

So, that is pretty much it. I am excited. I hope that this will get me back to riding everyday and get me stoked on riding again. It think it is going to be fun.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment